Construction Jobs & Training
Interested in construction jobs? Looking for a way to gain skill and get hired?
Clark College Economic & Community Development is now accepting applicants for the 10-week construction training program—offered at no charge to participants. Prior to the start of the training, construction companies will pre-hire selected program participants.
To apply, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 by the end of May 2019*
- Be able to pass a drug test
- Be available for training March 2019 - May 2019
- Be available for two afternoons/evenings per week, in addition to attending class each Saturday
- Have reliable transportation
- Monday, February 11, 2019 @ 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 @ 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 @ 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 @ 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, March 1, 2019 @ 8:30 a.m.
Questions? Contact Tina Cruz at 360-992-2749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why look into construction jobs?
With construction jobs, you can expect to earn wages between $15-20 an hour. The construction
industry has grown rapidly as the demand for building has increased. By 2024, construction
jobs are expected to account for 1 in 12 jobs and the industry is expected to return
to pre-recession levels by 2022.
What's included in the construction training?
The 10-week (80-hour) training is designed to begin your career in the construction industry and includes:
- Interpersonal skill building
- Trade math
- Blueprint reading
- CPR & First Aid
- OSHA 10 safety
- Forklift certification
- Flagging certification
- Soil & erosion training
Construction companies: Need to hire workers?
For over two years, Clark College Economic & Community Development has run a successful hiring and training program with five Clark County construction companies. Prior to training, participating employers have the opportunity to pre-hire applicants who meet their company's hiring standards.
Interested in joining the 2019 program? Contact Francois Wevers at 360-992-2466 or email@example.com