Class meets at our eastside location.
Class InformationITEM #:G028TIME:10:00am - 02:00pm (Sa)DATE:01/26 - 01/26FEE:$49.00LOCATION:CTC 331INSTRUCTOR:Katie Bradley
Instructor: Katie Bradley
Katie Bradley has a passion for drawing and painting children, and has illustrated four children’s books. In the last 12 years, she has painted hundreds of custom portraits of children, as well as many custom illustrations. Katie is a juried member of the Southwest Washington Watercolor Society, and has participated in their group art shows since 2014. She won First Place in Spring 2015, and has won several other awards for her art over the years. She earned a Masters of Art in International Relations from University of Oklahoma in 2008. Katie is excited to teach watercolor illustration to both new and experienced artists. She finds great satisfaction in helping each painter grow in their technical skills, while encouraging them to develop their own unique style.
Book Illustration Workshop
Class Supply List
• #2 pencil
• 4H pencil
• Transparent Watercolors, preferably artist grade, because those have ox gall, which gives better color flow. Suggested minimum colors: gamboge or lemon yellow, quinacridone violet, alizarin red, and ultramarine blue – more welcome e.g. greens or browns.
• Black waterproof fine-liner (e.g. Micron Pigma 01 or 005)
• Fine and thicker watercolor paintbrushes
• A large yogurt cup or similar container to use as a water container
• 2 or more pieces of watercolor paper min 8"x10" size (I recommend Arches brand)
• 6 or more sheets of printer paper or a sketch book (for story-booking and trial sketches)
• Two or more photos for inspiration
• A few paper towels