Easy Plein Air
- Backpack/small lightweight Day Pack for supplies.
- Camp chair or portable pop up sketching chair.
- Sketchbook with good watercolor paper or sheets of watercolor paper cut to a handy
size for mobility, 7.5 x 11 makes a good size and is a full sheet cut into eighths
(140lb cp rag recommended).
- Rigid painting board, lightweight (I use fome core cut a little larger than my paper
covered with clear contact paper.)
- Bull dog clips, to keep it all in place.
- Brushes: I like a good wash brush flat or angled 1”, a medium round #8 or #10, a small
round for detail #4 and a really fine brush for super detailing. (Also good, is a
stiff bristle brush for lifting)
- Small portable travel set of watercolors. (Yarka makes a good one, you can also buy
empty ones and fill them with your own favorite watercolors!)Small 2 -welled water
container with attached slide clamp (usually used for oil painting, but they slide
right onto your fome board and keep your water handy while sketching.)
- Small spray bottle of water.
- Permanent ink pens for drawing: Extra Fine Sharpies, Pigma Micron pens, etc. in any
size you prefer
- 1 Tombow Black N15 dual tipped pen (this is water soluble).
- Piece of a white Mr. Clean type sponge.
- Pencil and white or kneaded eraser (if you must).
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, & layers.
- Water to drink and water to use for art.