Photography Classes | Clark College Economic & Community Development

Whether you're looking for digital camera classes, Adobe Lightroom classes or ready to discover midday photography, the photography classes at Clark College provide in-person continuing education from local, industry professionals. 

Ready to register? 360-992-2939


Wildflower and Midday Photography

Learn how to photograph the beauty of wildflowers in the field and valuable techniques for photographing midday. There are three sessions: a Friday lecture, including equipment and techniques, a Saturday full field day in the Gorge, and on Sunday back to Clark College for a review of Saturday’s photographs.

Date: Friday, Saturday, Sunday | April 12 - 14, 2019

Location:  Clark College Main Campus

Cost: $179

Register | Wildflower and Midday Photography


Learn Manual — Understand Auto

Demystify your camera’s functions and learn to use Manual versus Automatic. Learn about f/Stops, shutter speed, depth of field, exposure, histograms and composition while getting acquainted critiques, with your camera and lens optics. Through homework assignments, walkabouts and critiques learn to control your camera so you’re the one creating the photo, not letting the camera decide for you.

Date: Saturdays, April 13 - June 15, 2019

Time: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.

Location:  Clark College Main Campus

Cost: $259

Register | Learn Manual — Understand Auto


Lenses — The Key to Creativity

Through hands-on exercises, lecture, walkabouts, homework assignments and critiques, learn how to use lenses to get the most out of them. Understand how lens choice and focal length selection affect your composition, enabling you to regularly create more compelling photographs. Students are required to have a working knowledge of their camera.

Date: Wednesdays, April 17 - May 29, 2019

Time: 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.

Location:  Clark College Main Campus

Cost: $199

Register | Lenses — The Key to Creativity


Lightroom for Photographers

Adobe Lightroom (Lr) is an essential tool for any photographer to organize, develop and share photos. Organize all your photographs so you can find them easily, and quickly edit them in a time-saving work flow. Use the Develop Module tools to enhance 90% of your images. Edit the other 10% seamlessly in Photoshop, on your mobile device or other 3rd party app. Use Photoshop to change backgrounds or add special effects to your photographs.

Date: Thursdays, April 25 - May 30, 2019

Time: 6 - 9 p.m.

Location:  Clark College Main Campus

Cost: $199

Register | Lightroom for Photographers


Digital Photo & Camera

Whether you are an experienced digital/film photographer or just getting started, discover the features and controls of your digital camera that will enhance the style of photos you want to take. Last class will be held in a computer lab to learn how to download your pictures and make basic editing modifications. No previous photo experience required.

Date: Tuesdays, April 30 - May 28, 2019

Time: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.

Location:  Clark College Main Campus

Cost: $119

Register | Digital Photo & Camera

View the spring 2019 continuing education schedule at Clark College

The spring 2019 continuing education class schedule is full of classes such as project management, programming, graphic design, web design, and digital marketing. The convenient classes are a great opportunity to build skills and test new areas of interest!

Not seeing the photography class you're looking for this term? We offer different classes each quarter—join our mailing list to stay in-the-know!

Register online—or call us at 360-992-2939.

Check us out on social media

TwitterFacbookInstagram