Class meets at our eastside location.
Class InformationITEM #:G030TIME:10:00am - 02:00pm (Sa)DATE:02/02 - 02/02FEE:$49.00LOCATION:CTC 331INSTRUCTOR:Katey Sandy
Instructor: Kathleen Sandy
Katey Sandy is an acrylic and mixed media intuitive painter who loves to experiment while focusing on composition and design. She has an art education degree from San Diego State University and an human development Master's Degree from Pacific Oaks College, Pasadena, CA. Throughout her career of 46 years, Katey has worked in the field of education at all levels - from preschool to college.
After retiring in 2007 she returned to her painting and now has work in galleries and shows in various venues in Oregon and Washington. Her finished works are very diverse and she continues to take classes to learn new techniques to enliven and enhance her style.
Adventures Workshop I
• Several sheets (8 or more) of good quality paper. For watercolor I recommend Arches or similar quality. For fluid acrylic I recommend Strathmore Aquerious II or good quality mixed media paper. Paper quality can make the difference between a good outcome and a disappointing one. Paper should be at least 9”x12” or larger.
• Watercolors: need tube watercolors, not paints in a pan. Bring several colors that you like, please include blues, reds, and yellows of any hue. You may bring as many colors as you like. The primaries can be mixed to create most colors.
• Acrylics: need Golden fluid acrylics not heavy tube acrylics. Bring several colors that you like, please include blues, reds, and yellows of any hue. You may bring as many colors as you like. The primaries can be mixed to create most colors.
• A few brushes, including a large wash brush.
• Art tape or painter’s blue tape.