Class meets at our downtown location.
Class InformationITEM #:G008TIME:06:00pm - 08:00pm (Tu)DATE:01/22 - 03/12FEE:$149.00LOCATION:CCE 215INSTRUCTOR:Steve Brown
Instructor: Steve Brown
Steve Brown is a Portland based artist. He makes paintings, drawings and videos. Drawing has been the mainstay of his practice for deacdes. He loves sharing drawing fundamentals and “tricks” he’s learned along the way. Brown has been featured in exhibitions at Mark Moore Gallery (Los Angeles CA), Scene/Escena (San Francisco CA), The Asheville Art Museum (Asheville NC), Ditch Projects (Springfield OR) and Disjecta (Portland OR).
Drawing For Beginners
• 18 x 24" Drawing Pad, Strathmore 300 or 400 series Drawing Paper or the equivalent is suggested
• Drawing Pencils (1 ea: HB, 2B, 4B, 8B)
• Charcoal Pencils (1 ea: Soft, Medium, Hard)
• Sketch Pad 11 x 14 or 9 x 12. Strathmore 100 Series Sketch, equivalent or better
• Vine Charcoal Soft (1 Box Thick & Thin Sticks)
• 1 Chamois
• Metal Pencil Sharpener or X-Acto Knife
• Sketch Pad Board with clips big enough for your 18x24 drawing pad. This is a must there are no easels in this room.
• 1 White Mars Plastic Eraser
• 12” Plastic T Square/Ruler
• Kneaded eraser - Prismacolor brand recommended
• Container or tote for all of your drawing materials
Optional Supplies for later in the class
• Conte Crayons
• Prismacolor colored pencils
Note- Feel free to bring what you already have!
Most anything can be used to draw and it is fun to experiment.
You can find these supplies at Blick Art Supply or Michael’s. I also highly recommend Artists and Craftsman in North Portland (they have great sales). I estimate this will cost between $30-40.