Class Supply List
- Our first class project will be learning how to use our wax-based colored pencils
by making a reference chart of the colors. The reference chart will be provided by
the instructor so you don’t need to bring paper for the first night.
- For the first class please bring:
- COLORED PENCILS (wax-based):
Set of 24 Prismacolor wax-based colored pencils
If you have other favorite colors, please bring them too.
(I recommend the Prismacolor brand because they are artist grade colored pencils with
intense color and smooth application. Look for signage at the art store for wax-based
pencils as there are many different kinds of colored pencils.)
- SHARPENER: Hand-held (with container for pencil shavings)
or battery-powered. (Panasonic brand sharpens the best)
- ULTRA-FINE BLACK SHARPIE
- Note: This is a beginner’s colored pencil class. At our first class we will be going
over the items on the colored pencil supply list to answer questions and so that you
are familiar with what the supplies are that you will need for the class. It is okay
to bring the following items below to the first class if you have them but not necessary
to bring them if you don’t have them.
- For the next classes please bring:
- ERASERS: White plastic eraser, reusable adhesive (gray or white), Scotch Removable
tape. (Optional: Helix Battery eraser)
- PAPER: Half sheet (20" x 32") of 2 ply Rising Museum Board (regular finish, white),
a sheet of tracing paper
- ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES: Hake brush, Saral Graphite (not colored) transfer paper, pencil,
ball-point pen, stylus, ruler, scissors, 3-ring notebook, clear plastic page holders,
and reference photos for your own artwork.