Lively Brush Lettering
Note: An Ink Brush pen will be provided with class.
- Supplies to bring
- Pencil or pen to take notes
- a ruler
- 10-20 sheets of white paper to practice on.
- OK Varieties: 8.5x11 copy paper, any sketch or drawing paper
- Your imagination
- Other Tools to try:
• Felt Brush Markers: many brands to choose from and a rainbow of colors to try!
• Water brush> this is an empty pen you can fill with water and use with dry water
color palette Or fill with liquid watercolors
- Other Resources
Online Calligraphy suppliers: Johnnealbooks.com & Paperandinkarts.com
Local Art Stores: Dick Blick, Columbia Art & Drafting (both in Portland)
Local Craft stores: Michaels, Craft Warehouse, Jo-Ann’s
Especially if the store has a scrap-booking section: check their marker aisle,
usually there are a few varieties of felt brush markers.
Leave at home:
Perfection. It isn’t fun, and doesn’t allow you to explore and learn!