Abstract Acrylic Painting
Supplies needed for Abstract Class:
- Acrylic paint-bring what you have and enjoy using. Include opaques and transparent
colors, black, white and the basic colors. You may use Dick Blick Acrylics, Utrecht
paints, Golden, Liquitex and any craft paints, depending on your familiarity with
the colors and confidence in applying them.
- Brushes - an assortment of flats (2", 1", 1/2") rounds, a fan brush, and inexpensive
chip brushes (white bristles from the hardware store) and any scrappy brushes you
- Paper or other supports: I like using a pad of Bristol paper at least 11x14. Strathmore
Aquarious II is another excellent "printing making" paper that is wonderful. You may
also choose watercolor paper or canvas boards or stretched canvas as well.
- A mixed media sketch book. I prefer the large 11x14 and the 9x12. Look at the weight
of the paper and choose the journal with the heaviest paper. I want you to take notes,
jot down ideas, and paint in your sketchbook and glue papers down on pages.
- Exacto knife. I like the Snap-Off Blades
- Matte medium
- Gloss medium
- White gesso
- Black gesso
- Oil pastels-especially black, white, red, yellow
- Mark making tools like graphite sticks, colored pencils, markers, etc
- Tracing paper