Palette Knife Painting
- Various size palette knives, either plastic or metal. At least one large one with
both a flat side and a small end. Don’t have to be expensive ones.
- Heavy body tube acrylics – what you have, (a variety of colors) or if just starting
out some basic primary colors – Alizarin crimson, primary yellow, Prussian blue and/or
Ultramarine blue, Titanium white, Bone Black and I like Paynes grey
- You can work on canvas, canvas board, cradle boards, fiber boards etc. or paper. Sometimes
a hard surface is easier for palette work. Suggest several 11 x 14 or larger pieces.
- A table easel if you have one as we will work both flat on a table or on an easel.
- You will need gesso and various acrylic gel mediums either glossy or matte. We will
talk about using mediums, so you may want to wait to after the first session.
- You will need some sort of palette (some Styrofoam trays are available in the classroom)
- Water containers are also available in the classroom
- Paper towels or old towels are helpful